Sunday, April 12, 2015

Celebrities that look like Stars of Golden Hollywood

Since I will be writing about Evil Twins in Classic Movies for the Villian Blogothon in a few days, I thought it would be a good time to post about celebrity look-alikes (not evil of course).
 
Diane Kruger and Carole Lombard

               

                  
Diane Kruger in Inglorious Bastards. Carole Lombard in To Be or Not To Be.
 
                     
 
                   
 
Anne Hathaway and Judy Garland (and Liza Minnelli)


 
       
 
Maybe a mash-up of Judy and Liza?
 
For a while there, there was talk of Hathaway playing Judy in a movie.
I wonder what happened to that...

Lily Collins and Audrey Hepburn

 
 
 
            
 
Katy Perry and Rosalind Russell - this one's a bit of a stretch. There's something in her eyes...

   
 
         

Watch this Saturday Night Live video where Kristin Wiig pretends to be Katharine Hepburn (the first minute and a half or so is fine, the rest contains inappropriate jokes). Watch her imitate Gloria Swanson's character, Norma Desmond in Sunset Blvd., here (I suggest watching the first 2:30 minutes and muting it whenever "James Mason" is talking. And this sketch features Clark Gable, Judy Garland, Alfred Hitchcock, and Desi and Lucy (it's perfectly fine).


 
They are ready for their close-ups!

George Clooney and Cary Grant



Weird mash-up picture

Jude Law and Aldo Ray

               
They both have sexy voices too ;)
 
Law in Black Sea
 
               
Ray in We're No Angels
 
Lara Pulver (of BBC's Sherlock, 2010 - present) and Joan Crawford

                      
 
   
 
 
      
 
And for fun...
 
 
On a Classic Television note...

Allison Scagliotti (Mindy from Nickelodeon's Drake and Josh, 2004 - 2007: 8 episodes in the last two seasons) and Audrey Meadows

         
 
          
 
Which ones do you agree with? Are they any obvious ones you think I missed?

I also know people who remind me of (some more than others) John Gavin, Clark Gable (eyes and ears), Jimmy Stewart, Jackie Gleason (my brother), Dick Van Dyke, Dan Blocker, Audrey Hepburn, Gene Tierney, Barbara Stanwyck, and Elizabeth Montgomery.

All images found via Pinterest or Google Images.

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Carole Lombard and Diane Kruger really do look alike! I hadn't noticed that before. That's amazing!
    I also think Brian Geraghty looks a bit like Alan Ladd sometimes. Oh, and then of course there's James Franco and James Dean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I came across the photo of Kruger on the phone on Pinterest and noticed it right away. I can see the resemblance between Geraghty and Ladd too. I almost put Franco and Dean. He plays him in one of the SNL videos I linked.

      Delete
    2. Oh good. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks Brian Geraghty and Alan Ladd look alike. :)
      Franco also played Dean in a TV biopic called "James Dean". He did a terrific job in that. I think he really got who James Dean really was, and he mimicked his gestures and mannerisms perfectly.

      Delete
  2. Anne Hathaway doesn't look like Judy Garland at all, not even like Liza Minnelli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they all have distinct looks. One would never confuse them. They all have big dark eyes and full lips though. Hathaway's jaw changes the shape of her face though.

      Delete