Sunday, June 12, 2016

Ten Movies on an Island: Suspense/Mystery


I've been a lover of mysteries for a very long time, starting with the Nancy Drew books. So it's only natural that I have a fondness for mystery and suspense in movies!
1.  The Emperor's Candlesticks (1937) - William Powell & Luise Rainer
2. Rebecca (1940) - Laurence Olivier & Joan Fontaine
3. Shadow of a Doubt (1943) - Joseph Cotten & Teresa Wright
4. Gaslight (1944) - Ingrid Bergman & Charles Boyer
5. And Then There Were None (1945) - Barry Fitzgerald
6. Notorious (1946) - Cary Grant & Ingrid Bergman
7. A Stolen Life (1946) - Bette Davis & Glenn Ford
8. The Two Mrs. Carrolls (1947) - Humphrey Bogart & Barbara Stanwyck, Alexis Smith
 9. Sorry Wrong Number (1948) - Barbara Stanwyck & Burt Lancaster
10. 36 Hours (1964) - James Garner & Eva Marie Saint, Rod Taylor
Honorable Mentions: The Kennel Murder Case (1933), Fast and Loose (1939), Fast and Furious (1939), and The Dark Mirror (1946).

Tomorrow I will start my Top Ten Actors and Actresses Film Lists.
I will be covering actors that I have seen a great many films of, including John Wayne, Cary Grant, William Powell, Dennis Morgan, Bob Hope, Tony Curtis & Janet Leigh, Olivia de Havilland, and Bette Davis. Normally I would include Myrna Loy but the majority of films I would pick would be the same as those on William Powell's list. I also love Carole Lombard, Judy Garland, and Lauren Bacall but I either haven't seen enough films or I don't LOVE ten of their films.

No comments:

Post a Comment