Saturday, November 18, 2017

ANNOUNCING The Bill & Myrna New Year's Blogathon!


For the past few years, TCM has shown the Thin Man films for a New Year's marathon. To celebrate our favorite fictional married couple, The Flapper Dame and I thought it would be fun to celebrate with Bill and Myrna in another way - with a blogathon!! Therefore, we are excited to announce The Bill and Myrna New Year's Blogathon 🍸 which will take place from January 1-3, 2018.


Bill and Myrna made fourteen films together and many, many more on their own, so there are lots of fabulous movies to talk about. They also had amazing friendships and lots of personal stories that would be fun to write about, so we ask that there be no duplicates so we can cover as much of these two amazing actors lives and careers as possible. Once you've decided on a topic, let one of us know in the comments section with the name and link to your blog. Finally, grab a banner (I'm pretty excited with how they turned out) and spread the word! Oh, and free martini's for everyone!! ;)





The Guest List:

Phyllis Loves Classic Movies: TBA
The Flapper Dame: TBA
Love Letters to Old HollywoodI Love You Again (1940) & So Goes My Love (1946)
The Midnite Drive-In: The Thin Man (1934)
Movies Meet Their Match: The Great Ziegfeld (1936)
Maddy Loves Her Classic Films: Powell and Loy as an on-screen couple
Caftan Woman: After the Thin Man (1936)
Musings of a Classic Film Addict: Double Wedding (1937)
Critica Retro: Love Crazy (1940)
Hamlette's Soliloquy: The Best Years of Our Lives (1946)
Charlene's (Mostly) Classic Movie Reviews: Evelyn Prentice (1934)
Blog of the Darned: Another Thin Man (1939)
Old Hollywood Films: Libeled Lady (1936)

29 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. This is amazing. And those banners are lovely! I'd like to do I Love You Again and So Goes My Love. (I'm feeling ambitious!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to host this for over a year now. Thanks! I like your ambition :)

      Delete
  2. Not sure if I should take this on or not. I'm running my Inspirational Heroes blogathon around the same time. But it would be a good excuse to do The Thin Man. (No I'm not going to take on all of he Thin Man movies, just the first one.) Pencil me in for it. I'll let you know in December if I can fulfill the obligation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Bill and Myrna are two of my favorite actors! I will have to think of something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear your topic!

      Delete
    2. I have finlly decided, I'll do The Great Ziegfeld (1936) if no one else has taken it.

      Movies Meet Their Match, https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. You’ve got it! Such a great movie :)

      Delete
  4. I must (MUST!) write up something on my personal New Year's Eve staple, After the Thin Man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: I was so excited I forgot the link to my blog (I always do, it seems): http://www.caftanwoman.com/

    Also, I forgot to congratulate you on the wonderful banners to go with the wonderful blogathon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, can I review Myrna Loy in Airport 75? Love Gill at Realweegiemidget Reviews https://weegiemidget.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I want to write about Love Crazy (1940).
    Kisses! And what wonderful banners are those! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Quiggy, I'm hesitant to sign on because I'm co-hosting the Inspirational Heroes blogathon with him just-before-and-slightly-overlapping-with this one, but... Myrna Loy. Um. Hmmm. I've never properly reviewed The Best Years of Our Lives (1946), so can I have that one? At Hamlette's Soliloquy, of course.

    LOVE the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was originally supposed to be a birthday blogathon in August but that didn't happen and I was afraid if I waited till next August someone else would do it!

      Delete
  9. Hello! I was wondering if I could write about Evelyn Prentice? Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought about this and then looked at the lineup and my first two choices, Love Crazy and I Love You Again, were taken. Then I noticed that the first two Thin Man movies were also taken, but the my favorite in the series is the third one, Another Thin Man. Can I do that one? My blog is Blog of the Darned: https://chrissturhann.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm last minute, but I'd like to write about Libeled Lady for Old Hollywood Films.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry but i can't enter this blogathon as my computer keyboard is playing up x sorry for any inconvenience x gill

    ReplyDelete
  13. I posted my piece on Another Thin Man a little early, it's up at:
    https://chrissturhann.blogspot.com/2017/12/the-bill-and-myrna-new-years-blogathon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've just put up the blogathon page. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  14. http://midnitedrive-in.blogspot.com/2018/01/in-like-thin.html

    My post is up

    ReplyDelete